- School of Literature, Media, and Communication
Dr. Anne Sullivan is an Assistant Professor in Digital Media and head of the StoryCraft Lab at Georgia Tech.
She received her PhD in Computer Science from University of California, Santa Cruz, where she created an artificial intelligence framework to support playable stories - stories that adapted and changed based on player choice. Before returning to school for her PhD, she was a game developer and designer with experience at AAA studios and as an independent developer.
Her research focuses on playful and storied interactive experiences from a feminist and humanistic perspective, with an emphasis on human-centered artificial intelligence (AI). To that end, Dr. Sullivan has established herself in the fields of critical game analysis through her work in feminist analysis of games, and co-creative AI through her work in educational interactive experiences and AI-assisted tools for craft and narratives. She also studies craft as an analog counterpart to playful and storied interactive experiences, researching in the exciting and emerging field of computational craft.
Dr. Sullivan is an award-winning quilter and the concept designer and producer of Loominary – a digital game system controlled with a loom - which has been shown internationally, including at the SAAM Arcade exhibit at the Smithsonian American Art Museum.
- PhD Computer Science - University of California, Santa Cruz
- Digital Media
- Inequality and Social Justice
- Aesthetics and Technology
- Digital and Mixed Media
- Digital Humanities
- Higher Education: Teaching and Learning
- Human/Machine Interaction
- Interdisciplinary Learning and Partnering
- Perspectives on technology
- Problem-Based Learning
- Science and Technology
- Social Movements
- LMC-4710: Game Studio
- LMC-4725: Game Design
- LMC-6310: The Computer Expressive
- LMC-6313: Prin of Interaction Desi
- LMC-6317: Interactive Fiction
- LMC-6650: Project Studio
- LMC-6800: DM MS Project Course
- Games Crafters Play
In: Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on the Foundations of Digital Games [Peer Reviewed]
- Loominary: Crafting Tangible Artifacts from Player Narrative
In: Proceedings of the Twelfth International Conference on Tangible, Embedded and Embodied Interactions [Peer Reviewed]
- Tarot-Based Narrative Generation
In: Proceedings of the 10th Procedural Content Generation Workshop [Peer Reviewed]