How Can an Academic Advisor Help You?
In the Ivan Allen College, we believe academic advising is an integral part of the educational process. Our advisors are a powerful mechanism for helping you achieve your full potential! Regular meetings with an advisor are strongly recommended for all students. Academic advising is available throughout the year, but there are some instances where academic advising is mandatory to ensure your successful progress.
Academic advising is required in the following cases:
- First semester Freshman year
- First semester Transfer student
- Freshman receiving a mid-term “U”
- Undeclared Major student
- On Academic Probation or Review
- Graduating Senior (until degree petition is completed)
Scheduling an Appointment is Easy!
Most advisors can be scheduled through the.
- Bring an updated copy of your curriculum checklist
- Have a list of questions ready
- If you are meeting to discuss course selection, review the available classes on OSCAR
Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts Dean's Office
Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts Dean's Office Advisors
Shatakshee Dhongde, Ph.D.
The School of Economics
The School of History and Sociology
School of History and Sociology Advisors
Amy D'Unger, Ph.D.
Jennifer Singh, Ph.D.
The Sam Nunn School of International Affairs
School of International Affairs Advisors
The School of Literature, Media, and Communication
School of Literature, Media, and Communication Advisors
Carol Senf, Ph.D.
JC Reilly, Ph.D.
Jillann Hertel, MFA
The School of Modern Languages
School of Modern Languages Advisors
School of Public Policy Advisors