Financial Aid

General Funding from Georgia Tech

Georgia Tech awards students more than $105 million in need and merit-based aid. If you are accepted, advisors in the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid (OSFA) will work with you to make your degree attainable. The sections below provide an idea of funding options.

Undergraduate Funding from the College

Financial aid within the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts includes scholarships, awards, and jobs. Ivan Allen College advisors and undergraduate coordinators are happy to help students understand and apply for these options, as well as to complete applications for prestigious non-Georgia Tech fellowships and scholarships.

Undergraduate Funding Links

Blurb / Gallery Set

Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts awards Dean’s Scholarships in recognition of incoming freshmen with a high school record of academic excellence, visionary leadership, and outstanding public service.

Current students may be eligible for merit scholarships or awards available within their school.

Hourly jobs for undergraduates that accept applications from students who are not part of the Federal Work-Study (FWS) program.

Graduate Aid and Funding Options

Most fellowships and assistantships are awarded by individual degree programs. A few graduate assistantships are offered through the College dean's office.

Graduate Aid Links

Blurb / Gallery Set

Many graduate departments offer fellowships to Georgia Tech graduate students. You must be nominated for these awards by your academic department.

Additional information on fellowships is available externally from GoGrad*

*Provided as a courtesy only.  No endorsement of GoGrad is implied.

Graduate Research Assistants (GRA) work with professors or staff to conduct research, support initiatives, and develop industry skills. Graduate Teaching Assistants (GTA) assist professors in conducting classes and labs, reviewing projects, and grading exams. GRA and GTA positions provide a 12-credit tuition waiver, along with a monthly stipend. The stipend amount varies according to the student’s academic home department. Students with GRAs or GTAs are still responsible for mandatory fees and tuition supplements.

A GRA or GTA may be awarded at the time of admission, or you may inquire through your degree program director, or apply for posted opportunities on campus. It is possible to secure an assistantship prior to arriving on campus by meeting faculty during a campus visit or applying to online postings in various schools and colleges on campus.

Many students take care of their expenses by working part-time jobs either on campus or at local companies.

F1 students on visas can work off campus if: 1) they have been a full-time student for at least two semesters, and 2) have authorization from the Department of Homeland Security/Office of International Education (OIE) . The work must be in their field of study. F1 students can obtain authorization to work off campus as either Curricular Practical Training (CPT) or Optional Practical Training (OPT).