Associate Director of Academic Programs - Advising
- School of International Affairs
- Center for International Strategy, Technology, and Policy
Chris McDermott received his M.S. in International Affairs from the Sam Nunn School of International Affairs at the Georgia Institute of Technology. While at Georgia Tech, he primarily focused on international security issues, with a specific focus on cyber security and data privacy issues. He earned his B.A. in History from Kennesaw State University, focusing on world civilizations and the Protestant Reformation.
He advises both undergraduate and graduate students in the Sam Nunn School of International Affairs, and also advises the Model-NATO and GT Wargaming Society student clubs.
His academic interests are wargaming, simulations, and scenario writing.
- M.S. in International Affairs from the Georgia Institute of Technology
- B.A. in History from Kennesaw State University
- Emerging Technology and Security
- Information Security and Critical Infrastructure Protection
- Regional Security Challenges
- U.S. Society and Politics/Policy Perspectives
- Weapons and Security
- Armed Conflict
- Foreign Policy
- INTA-1200: American Government
- INTA-2001: Careers in International Affairs
- INTA-4014: Scenario and Pathgaming
- INTA-6014: Scenario and Path Gaming