Extension of Self: what it means to be human in a digital age, featuring LMC's Noura Howell
Noura Howell, assistant professor in LMC, is one of six artists displaying her work in the group exhibit Extension of Self: what it means to be human in a digital world. On display the Price Gilbert Library Gallery through October 14, the exhibit showcases artists and researchers working at the innovative intersection of art, science, technology, and accessibility.
These six artists are questioning what it means to be human in a digital world. Each piece is interactive and encourages the visitor to question our relationship with technology.
The exhibit will run from August 8 to October 14, 2022 in the Price Gilbert Library Gallery, 686-704 Cherry St NW Atlanta GA 30313. This exhibit is one of two exhibits made possible through generous sponsorship from Microsoft, Georgia Tech's Center for 21st Century Universities, the College of Computing, and the Library. Stay tuned to our social media and website for more information!
Please join us for the artist talk and reception on Thursday, September 15, 4 - 8 p.m.
- August 8 - October 14, 2022 (9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Mon-Sun) Exhibition Open to the Public
- September 15, 2022, 4 - 8 p.m. Artist Talk and Reception - Please RSVP
- Visitor Area 1: North Avenue is the nearest parking lot to the library with ramps and flat pathways. There are other visitor lots available around campus. Parking at GT is $2/hour.
- Please reach out to Birney Robert at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any additional accommodations.
- A braille program will be provided in the gallery.
- The artist talk on September 15 will be recorded, transcribed and uploaded onto the website.