Isabelle-Yara Nassar is graduating with a B.S. in International Affairs and minors in Global Development and Law, Science, and Technology. She shares her future plans and favorite memories from her time at Georgia Tech.
1. What are you looking forward to as you embark on life after Georgia Tech?
I spent the last four years learning about the world and look forward to seeing more of it, whether for work, fun, or both!
2. How was your experience at Georgia Tech?
I really loved my time at Georgia Tech. The community here, especially the Sam Nunn School of International Affairs, quickly became a second home.
3. Where will you be looking to work after graduation?
I want to work in global development, focused on international children's rights.
4. Why did you choose Georgia Tech to further your education?
I am a proud third-generation Yellow Jacket! But I am the first to study international affairs. I chose Georgia Tech because, growing up, I was always exposed to the importance of technology and the influence it can have. Being in the Tech environment has supplemented my international affairs degree in a way that is very unique.
5. What is your favorite memory from Georgia Tech?
My family is originally from Lebanon, and my parents immigrated here during the civil war in Lebanon. I grew up very in touch with Lebanese culture, which also has a home at Tech in the Lebanese Student Organization and Arab Student Organization. Most members are first-generation Georgia Tech Students. Every November, my family hosted students from the two organizations for Thanksgiving dinner, a tradition I hope to keep after graduating.
Congratulations, Isabelle-Yara! Meet more of the IAC Class of 2023:
- Rylee Calhoun, graduating with a B.S. in Economics
- Nora Fahim, graduating with a B.S. in Economics and International Affairs and a minor in Middle Eastern and North African Studies
- Galen Hughes, graduating with an M.S. in Global Media and Cultures with a focus on Japanese
- Vikas Madhav Nagarajan, graduating with an M.S. in Public Policy
- Jacob Young, graduating with a B.S. in History, Technology, and Society and B.S. in International Affairs